Us gamers have weird problems. Mine, at the moment, are:
– After surviving hours of of zombie onslaught in our heavily fortified base on Friday night in 7 Days to Die, exactly one quarter of the rooftop farm I spent hours working on inexplicably collapsed under my feet at midnight as I tilled one of the last squares of soil, and I plummeted 60 m to my death. As of yet, no one in my group (which comprises several engineers and computer programmers) has been able to figure out how to fix this. Game physics are weird.
– I only played THREE games this past weekend. And two of them were video games. That is not nearly enough.
– Kyle and I were dragged through the streets, presumably to our death, by a creepy Innsmouth Mob on Sunday night after they burned down the dock that was our only hope of escape from the town. Jerks. (Image below is not of the scary mob, but of the investigators (one of whom is insane) waiting for this Deep One Hybrid to find us. This is before they lit the hotel and the docks on fire.)
– Everyone other than me at our Gamechurch staff meeting yesterday has a Switch now, and they won’t stop talking about Mario and Zelda. I am feeling like an outcast and a bad gamer.
– My Mansions of Madness figures and monster tokens don’t want to stay in their bases, so I think I’m going have to buy some model glue. And a craft knife if I don’t already have one. Also my Star Spawns won’t keep their wings open. Also I want to paint them all. But that’s a rabbit hole I’m not sure I want to start down again…
– It’s over a week into the new year and I have yet to play a single new-to-me game for my 100 x 1 challenge.
– I’ve played my semi-annual game of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with Kyle. Now who knows how long it will take before we get together to take on the next level and fight Orion. And our little pink gumball spaceship is so badass now!
On the plus side, I did manage to stay awake until midnight on Friday night (the first time in weeks that my interest has lasted that long!), and I’m starting to get excited about the possibility of going to Orccon in a month. All good signs for my mental and emotional health.